Nov 4, 2015

Halloween Happy!

Hello all,
Wow, what a week! Halloween madness totally consumed my life there for a bit. But I must say, Cody and I had a fantastic first Halloween party at our new house! It was a smaller gathering compared to our usual turn out, but I'm glad because all of the food was gone- and everyone who attends our parties knows that I always make too much food! The one lesson I learned this past week is that you can't expect to do every DIY holiday craft in one week. There are just not enough hours in the day- especially if you work full time and are a student. I am still kind of bummed because I bought supplies and already put some time and effort into several different Pinterest crafts for the Halloween party, but never had time to decorate with them. Some good advice- If you are planning on working on several Pinterest crafts for a party/gathering and want them to look as good, start a month ahead of time so you have time to put them to use! The one successful DIY project I was able to put to use over the weekend were my two dog's halloween costumes! Cody and I decided to go with each of the dogs instead of each other for once because we wanted our pups to dress up for Halloween too! So Luna and I went as "Red Riding Hood" and "The Big Bad Wolf" and Cody and Samantha went as "The Flash" and "Arrow," as you can see below. So as I give my friendly word of advice, I'm going to have to say goodbye for the night. I must now go give my attention to "Building Codes and Certificates Of Occupancy" in my real estate classes (which are going well so far!) I just wanted to give a "Happy Late Halloween" to everyone and thank all my incredible friends and family for all the help they gave us this weekend and especially for coming out to our party! I hope you all had a "spooktacular" holiday and I will be back writing soon! Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
Lauren Taylor



Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad "Woof"

Cody and I.

Dad's awesome costume.
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment