Dec 19, 2015

Cheap Tip: Holiday Pine Cones


Hello again! Is Christmas really less than a week away? I cannot believe how fast this holiday season flew by! While we are still in the holiday spirit, I figured I would share a fun little craft to do over the weekend. This is another one of my "Cheap Tips" since you only have to put $1 into it! Yes that's right- $1. Have your kids help you out with this one too! So grab your boots and your jacket and get outside!

Take a stroll through your neighborhood, the park, or your own backyard and pick out some pine cones. Go to the dollar store and pick up a can of some glitter hair spray. (I used silver, but either gold or silver will look great!) Place your pine cones on some newspaper and spray away! 


This is an easy little craft you can do with your kids and get them outside without getting too involved with a messy and long craft. And the best part is you only spent $1 on some glitter hair spray! Put your finished pine cones around other decorations as accents, or make a center piece by placing them in a large wine glass with a candle! It's up to you how to use them- be creative! 


Let me know what you think and share a picture of your finished project below! Thanks for reading my Cheap Tip, and of course stopping by Farmhouse Flare! Have a very merry Christmas!

Sincerely,
Lauren Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment